Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Movies

I always used to go to the movies. Love the movies. Never missed a single one that was nominated for an Oscar. OK, I admit I didn't see all of the shorts, animated films or documentaries, but I've seen every single movie in all the major categories for years. Actor, Actress, Picture, Director, Cinematography, Sound, Music, Screenplay--all of them! But, without a paycheck, I stopped going so much. Even matinees are pricey at $9.50 a pop! And I miss movies. Renting them or watching On Demand isn't the same as being in a big theatre. So, guess what I found? There are 4 discount movie theatres within 15 minutes of my house. One shows new movies for $6 before 6pm every day, $5 before noon. And on Tuesdays another shows all films for $1! One measly little dollar. You can't beat that! So, Andrea and I went to see Letters to Juliet today. Yes, it's a chick flick, and we're chicks, so we loved it. It was a really cute movie. Especially for a buck. It takes place in Italy: nice scenery, good looking men, lots if vino. And that was the problem: it takes place in Italy! Now we both want to head to LAX and hop on the next flight out, which is considerably more than a buck. In reality, we're just going to head back to the theatre next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment