Saturday, November 14, 2015
Travel. Learn. Grow.
Once again, a terrorist group has united the world. Today, we are all Parisian. Who knows yet who we are going to be next time?
Those of you who read my blog know that I am a news freak. I can't live without my newspaper. I'm addicted to my local news stations, the Internet news, CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera. I always think I've seen the worst of humanity, but every time something new happens, I realize the bad guys keep upping the game. As horrible as this sounds, I can understand a crime of passion, becoming so enraged with someone you know and love, then, sick as it is, killing them in the heat of the moment. What I cannot comprehend is the depravity it takes to walk into a concert hall, a restaurant, any public place, and indiscriminately kill innocent strangers. You don't know them. Maybe someone was a sympathizer with you. Maybe someone was going to cure a disease. Maybe someone would write the song that would touch your heart. Maybe someone was meant to be your friend, your lover, your soulmate. You'll never know. Instead, the world grieves again.
Stay close to home this weekend in Paris, let the authorities do their thing. But don't stay down for long. That's what the terrorists want. They want us to be fearful and voluntarily give up our freedoms. Don't give in. Don't cancel your travel plans. And if you don't have any yet, Paris is lovely in the spring. Fight back by living your life. Travel to foreign places. Learn about different cultures. Grow as a human being, as a citizen of the planet we all call home. In spite of it all, it is still a beautiful world. Go out and see it! Pray for Paris. Pray for all of us. But most of all, don't let the fuckers win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for writing this down..Such a tragedy.
ReplyDeleteKeep writing and I'll keep reading.
keep reading.
Thank you for writing this down..Such a tragedy.
ReplyDeleteKeep writing and I'll keep reading.
keep reading.