Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Black Friday sale?
I admit it. I was one of those people who went shopping on Black Friday. In my defense, I only go after 6:30pm. I've been going at this time for about 5 years now. The stores are open until 11pm or midnight, but by dinnertime, most of the crowds are long gone, parking is easy and there are no lines at the check-out counters. Most of the sales associates are friendlier and chattier because they aren't so harried by that point. Christmas spirit abounds--and the big sales and deep discounts last until the store closes for the day. This year the mall was busier than in the past few years, but not enough to be annoying. Hopefully, it's a good sign that increased consumer confidence bodes well for a better 2011. So, I buy a few Xmas gifts, and I'm home before 8:30pm. The next day I realized I bought something for my aunt in a large--she wears a medium. I must have been distracted and picked up the wrong size when I was debating which color to buy. Dang it! Knowing I don't have the patience for the mall on a weekend, I decided I'd go back Monday morning at 10am and switch it out for the smaller size. No crowds, in and out, easy. It was easy--it was also 25% cheaper than on Friday! I mean, I'm not complaining about getting it for less money, but Black Friday is supposed to be the great sale day. Huge discounts, right? And they offer better discounts 3 days later?? What the heck is up with that?? I may have to rethink my shopping strategy next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment