Monday, November 29, 2010

Windy weather

I know I've mentioned it before but I really, really, really hate wind. We've had gale-force gusts for a few weeks now. It happens every year, and I hate it every year. I have a few large planters on my patio. They have been toppled over every day. And they are 4-foot tall trees in 5-gallon buckets! I keep rocks on top of the dirt to prevent the squirrels from digging in them and burying nuts. The squirrels are messy little critters and I got tired of sweeping up after them, hence the rocks--it pisses them off. But now when these plants blow over, the rocks get scattered all over the porch and it is a pain in the ass to pick them up every day. My neighbors stopped by on Thanksgiving to ask if someone was throwing rocks at my windows. Then today I was in the dining room when I heard that familiar crashing sound, and everything blew over in one huge gust of wind. So I'm out there early this morning in my pajamas and robe, swearing, out loud, all by myself. Kicking the rocks out of the way, SWEARING, and moving all the plants. And even though I want calm, still weather, at least the wind chimes sound pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment